Number 1 Pretoria Roofing Company
When your roof starts to leak, you may either repair it or install a new one. While repairing is a plausible option, waiting too long to replace your roof may cause even greater damage.
In the end, you will have to pay more to hire roofing contractors to work on your Pretoria home. If the roof’s structural integrity gets damaged, then you will have to spend much more money on a new roof installation.
Tips To Guide You On Whether You Need A New Roof Installation
- The age of the roof. Depending on the material used to make the roof, you should consider replacing it after it hits a certain age. For instance, a roof made of asphalt shingles is expected to last between 20 and 25 years. If you are unsure of the age of the roof, then you should carry out an inspection.
- Check if the shingles are correctly aligned. Where there are sags and additional irregularities, then the underlayment could have started to rot. Ask roofing specialists to help you check out the valleys.
- During the biennial gutter cleaning exercise, check if there are any visible asphalt granules. It is evident that you need to do some roof repairs or carry out new roof installation due to the breakdown of the shingles.
- A roofing company will help you check for any curled, cracked or misaligned shingles. If there are any with these signs, then it is clear that the shingles are aged and need to be replaced.
- Check the chimney flashing. If the current flashing is made of tar or roof cement, it could begin to leak within a short time. While replacing the roof, consider using metal flashing instead.
- Check your attic for evidence of any leaks. Ask one of the roofing contractors in Pretoria to help you with that. Any signs of moisture should indicate the need for roof repairs or replacement.
Things That Determine Roof Repairs Costs
The amount of money you pay for roof repairs will be determined by a number of factors including the following:
- Type of roof. Whether you have a tiled or shingled, low or high-pitched, flat or sloped roof is going to dictate how much you will pay. Apart from the cost of material, roof construction companies in Pretoria will charge you for the labour.
- The scope of repairs. Whether you are repairing or replacing the entire roof is a great determinant of what you will pay in the end. Roofing specialists will charge you per square footage.
- The type of roof and number of layers. To know how much you will pay to remove a roof, you have to consider the length of time it will take. The weight of materials plays a key role.
- The extent of water damage. It is hard to know how much your roof is damaged until you remove the shingles and inspect it. If the damage is extensive, the roofing company in Pretoria will charge you a premium.
To ensure that your roof repairs or replacement is done to the required standards, hire a professional to help you with the job.