Instead of a fully-fledged home extension, you can easily convert the garage into a bedroom. Even better, you will spend much less than having to do a home extension from scratch.
However, you may have to park your car in the open air, which might not be such a good idea.
What does it cost?
Not much. In truth, your garage already has a foundation, walls, a door, and a roof. With the existing structure, you will find your quest to convert your Pretoria garage into a bedroom cost-effective. It is nothing like having to build a new facility from scratch.
How to Convert a Garage Into a Bedroom
A garage conversion of any kind isn’t a DIY job. It requires professionals such as local building contractors to provide expertise and experience. Here is what it takes to convert a garage into a bedroom:
- Raising the floor level by installing insulation over the concrete slab
- Insulating all the walls and ceiling fully
- Connecting the garage to the primary HVAC system or installing a separate mini-system
- Upgrading the electrical system for an enormous load
- Creating a door between the garage and the main house
- Partitioning the space into two bedrooms
- Filling in garage door with fully-insulated stud walls
- Adding windows and a door to the master bedroom
If you intend to convert the garage into a bedroom with a bath, you should connect it to the central plumbing and drainage system. After that, you can install a bathtub and shower to get a bedroom with an ensuite.