There is a huge contrast between a single-storey and a double-storey house, especially when it comes to the shape and amount of space you get. If anything, building a two-storey house affords you more room space on the same size of land. What could be more economic than that?
To build or renovate a two-storey house, you need to hire a contractor who knows his or her way around a construction site. In this write-up, we discuss some of the things a contractor will do for you during the actual construction and renovation of a double-storey house.
Functions Of Double-Storey House Contractors
Since you are a layman, you need a contractor to point you in the right direction when it comes to the issues affecting the construction project. The following are some of the things that double-storey house builders in Pretoria will be able to help you with:
- Meeting all the legal requirements. There are certain legal requirements you will have to meet before embarking on the construction project. Even if you are building a small double-storey home, a contractor will help you check if there are certain council restrictions and if you need approvals.
- Preparing double-storey house plans. If you already have a piece of land, it is important that the home building packages plans you use should be perfect for it. As a layman, you might not know how to do that. A qualified contractor should provide with a variety of designs that also help make maximum use of the available space.
- Determining the cost of the project. One of the things you may not be able to easily determine if the cost of building a modern double-storey house. For your information, a double-storey house will cost more than just the materials and labour. You also need to put into consideration the cost of the fixtures and fittings that would go into finishing the house. That’s one of the reasons to hire a qualified contractor.
What Is The Work Of A Renovations Contractor?
If you have renovations lined up for your two-storey home, then it is important that you only hire a qualified contractor. The following are some of the things that a two-storey home renovation contractor will do for you:
- Checking for council restrictions and permits. No matter where your house is located, it is important to know is the local authorities have laid any restrictions on renovations and if you will pay for any permits. The contractor is better placed to do that for you.
- Assessing and stabilising the building. Before you commence two-storey home renovations, a contractor should assess the conditions of the building and stabilize it, where necessary. They will look for issues like infestation, damp, and subsidence.
- Assessing the total cost of the renovations. It is important to know how much the renovation project will cost you. Work with a contractor to help you know the project’s financial implications.
Given the fact that there are many double-storey house builders in Pretoria, you should be very careful that you only pick the best. It doesn’t matter if you are building a double storey house from scratch or renovating an old one. In the end, you should have a project that will serve you for a long time to come.